Driving Instructor Training
We will provide you with the best quality driving instructor training to set you up for your new career as a driving instructor. Once you pass we will give you priority to join our franchise
Your first step will be an initial meeting with our instructor trainer, this is so that we can go into more detail about the training course, the costs and of course your options once you have passed.
This initial meeting is totally free and gives you an opportunity to see what we can do for you.
Should you decide that you wish to pursue a career as a driving instructor, we will assist you with all of the paperwork to join the register, and give you full access to our driving instructor theory test program.
Benefits of becoming a driving instructor
There are many benefits to becoming a driving instructor including:-
- Be your own boss- Being your own boss gives you the Ability to give yourself a great work life balance.
- Competitive earning – with earning up to £40,000.
- Brand new car – with our franchise packages you can have a brand new fully serviced car which is regularly updated
- Great job satisfaction – helping people work through the challenging yet satisfying process of learning to drive.
15 Hours part 2 training @ £29 per hour = £435
40 hours part 3 training @ £29 per hour = £1160
Total training cost = £1595*
*Total cost may vary dependant on how much training is required.
Approved Driving Instructor Qualification criteria and process
You will first of all have to register with the DVSA (Driver and vehicle Standard Agency.) To do this you must have
- Held your full licence for at least 3 years.
- Be 21 years old or over
- No more than 5 penalty points on your licence.
- You will need to demonstrate that you are able to read a car number plate from 27.5 metres, with glasses or contact lenses if needed.
CRB Background Check
You will be required to undergo a CRB (criminal records bureau) check. Any convictions will be taken into account. You will need to take and pass the 3 qualifying tests which consist of;
- Part one- Theory test
- Part two – Driving ability test
- Part three – Ability to instruct
Although this may seem quite complicated, it really is not, and with the right guidance and training it is possible to complete the training in less than 6 months. Once you have completed your training, and passed the tests you will be a fully qualified instructor.
You will need to register with the DVSA as a potential driving instructor, we will explain all of this to you in our initial meeting. The link to regeister is here DVSA ADI registration.
You will also need to have a driving instructor DBS check which you can apply for here ADI Dbs Check.
Once you are on the register and your DBS check is complete you may apply to take the theory test, we will give you free access to our driving instructor theory test training software which will help you sail through the first test.
The cost of the ADI tests are as follows.
ADI part 1 theory test is £81.00
ADI part 2 driving ability £111.00
ADI part 2 teaching ability £111.00
So as you can see assuming you pass all 3 tests on the first go, there is an additional cost of £303.00 payable to the DVSAwhich would be in addition to your training costs.